Anyone digging must contact OKIE811 to have facility operators locate and mark their underground lines.
To Start the Design-Survey Request process:
- Click Design-Survey to start a new Design-Survey notice
- Login to your portal user account. Go to “New Ticket”
- (Go to ‘Sign Up’ if you are a first-time user)
- Select Request Type: Design-Survey Request
Required Information for the Design-Survey Request:
- Your Company Information
- Your Contact Information
- Nearest major intersection to the project area
- Physical description of the project area
- Address, specific path of the project or boundaries of the project
- You may include latitude/longitude points and/or Legal descriptions for reference
- In order to accurately generate the list of facility owners/operators in your project area, you are required to mark the entire project area on the OKIE811 Portal map before submitting the request.
Once you have submitted the Design-Survey Request, you will be given a reference number. You will receive an email with the request details, including the list of facility owners/operators and any design-survey contact information available. Not all underground facility owners/operators are registered with OKIE811.
At this time, this request will not be transmitted to any of the facility owners/operators. Instead, your company would be responsible for contacting the facility owners/operators listed on the request or any others you know in the area directly for further communication about your project.
Please note: OKIE811 does not view or verify the information submitted on the Design-Survey request.
For additional information or questions about the Design-Survey Request, email us at email@example.com or call 800-522-6543.
Visit our Design-Survey Tutorial Video for further instructions.